Monday, June 30, 2008

I was in my office at the ECM (Ecumenical Christian Ministries) building today. Having spent the morning reading our scriptures for the week, praying, and helping an ECM Intern move into her office, I was getting the itch to “go do something”. It wasn’t God, it was Sean saying, “I have to go figure out what to do to make money or build financial relationships.” I felt the Spirit say, “rest”. The Spirit continued, “if you are going out for those reasons you are only one person – that limits me. But, I have all the resources and will bring them to you. For now, just stay where you are and rest.” (“Resting” is not my *usual* mode of operation – but it is my *natural* mode of operation. “Resting” is how God wired me, I am learning how to live it out in the face of non-restful times.) [smile] So, I spent a couple more minutes in prayer, praying our Gospel reading for this week, “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

I opened my eyes. My Microsoft Outlook e-mail screen was up. I literally watched a new e-mail land in my inbox. It is attached below.

I hope you read it with a smile, as did I.

Sometimes the Spirit says, “Go”, sometimes the Spirit says, “Rest”. Thank God that he provides us his wisdom to discern the difference. And, because God is so beautiful and mysterious: in Kingdom-life, “Go” and “Rest” are intermingled like lovers in the dance of life.

Peace and Love,
Brother Sean of Lawrence

-----------------
From: Ross and Karen [last name removed]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 11:19 AM
To: sean@kuchurch.com
Subject: Ministry Partnership

Good Morning Sean,

Recently you sent an e-mail to Mary [last name removed] about some changes you are going to be making in your ministry. She shared this with our S.S. class, and we want to send an offering to you. Could you provide me with a mailing address so that I can get a check in the mail to you.

Thanks! Karen [last name removed]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.republicanimmorality.com

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home